College Life

I'm a 20 year-old Theatre major at Oneonta State. These are my crazy stories :-)

Monday, March 19, 2007

Tech Week

The show is really coming together, we open next tuesday which means we go into tech this week. tech week is basically the hell week of theatre. thursday is our Q-Q in which we go through the show skipping all the acting bits and focusing on just the technical aspects, calling each cue and making sure everything is right, fixing things that aren't. So that will take a few hours. After that we have full tech runs in show conditions, until we open next week. So my life is being eaten. I can't wait for break I need to get some rest! Shows suck everything out of those involved, but yet we keep coming back for more. Other than that I still have to deal with classes and homework and everything. I have a visual research project due on friday, all I have left to do for that is scan my pictures into a computer and make them into a movie, which should take me a few hours, nothing terrible. I also have my research paper due next wednesday, the research is pretty much done, I just have to sit down and write it. Other than that it's the usual readings for lit classes and such.

On a less pleasant note, Jay and I are no longer on speaking terms. We got into a huge fight today and he said some really nasty things to me. We decided it would be better if we just didn't talk. Thanks to him I realized who my true friends are and I want to apologize to them for all the times I neglected them to spend time with someone who obviously doesn't care about me. To Noelle, Chelsea, Nikki, and Ashlee especially, you girls mean everything to me and I love you to death! Q-it baffles me how you always know when I need to talk to you. The fact that you randomly called me today was exactly what I needed. You're the best and I don't know what I'd do without you. Danny boy-I know you probably won't read this but I want to thank you anyway. You're amazing and I'm so glad we've become so close.
To the family I love you all too and I am really upset about not being able to come home on saturday. I think it's time I figure out a way to get a new car-one that's more dependable.
I have the most amazing support network, both at school and at home and I'm so greatful for everyone of you!