College Life

I'm a 20 year-old Theatre major at Oneonta State. These are my crazy stories :-)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

APO

There's nothing much to report, but I figure it's been a while since the last post. Classes are going well for the most part. I have so much free time now that I'm not working on a show, I don't know what to do with myself at night! I've been hanging out with some new people and some people I haven't seen in a while. It's fun so I can't complain about that.
I got into Alpha Psi Omega, the honor society for theatre, so the pledging process is starting. We're the only honor fraternity I know of that actually has a pledge process. Most of the others say "Hey, you're smart enough, give us money and we'll give you letters!" I was also invited to join Sigma Tau Delta, the English honor fraternity. So I'm doing both, even though it's going to cost me $150 to do so. Anyway, George is my "big" for APO, which is awesome (He was the lead in Blithe Spirit for those of you who saw it.) . He and I get a long really well and I haven't gotten to hang out with him in a while. We actually have a pretty big pledge class, usually they take about 5 people each semester, we have 7. I like our class too, it's Michelle, Nick, Me, Melissa, Jess, Josh, and Kari; all of whom I get along with for the most part. Our class name is "anamorphono" which is oh so much fun to try to remember. We have to "report" at the beginning of each "class" we have (about once a week), meaning that we have to state our letter , our pledge class, the chapter, and the name of the fraternity, followed by our real name and eventually our "stage name" when we are officially inducted. So for me it goes "I am Rho of the pledge class Anamorphono, of the Lambda Omega chapter of the Alpha Psi Omega Fraternity, Nicole Baldwin." We also have to memorize a bunch of songs, sayings, the mission statement, all the stage names of the active members (whom we have to greet 3 times a day), the Greek alphabet, and a bunch of other things too.
Well I have a stage management test to "study" for and then an APO meeting so I should probably get on that.